torsdag den 1. december 2011

My first post

Well.. this is my first post..  not quite sure how to start this whole thing..   something ive been wanting to do for a long time.
I quess ill start by writing about and showing the new project i began a few days ago.

This is my latest project.. its a furniture for having a tv ontop and different stuff on shelfs and a boks kinda thing for storing blankets and other fluffy stuff. Its just a rough sketch so dont bash me to hard :P


If any American are reading this im sorry to confuse you, because it's all in milimeter :P
So far ive created the bottom frame for both the boks to the right and the rest to the left.
I had to devide the furniture into two pieces since i live on the 3rd floor and i wont take the risk that it cant fit in the hallway ^^
Ive ordered 12m of  25x25x3 mm   angel iron for the top frame and it should come either friday or at the beginning of next week.


Since this is my first post i think ill upload some stuff of the other furniture ive made..
The first Tv-table ive made is this beauty.


At the left there is room for a Ps3 and at the top right there is room for my Digital reciever ( apologies for not having a picture of the table with the wood for the middle shelf)

The second one i made, i made because i was sick and tired of looking at my old glass table..   the glass part was fine enough.. but the iron frame under it was ugly as shit. so i decided to make a new one, which i did.
This is the table as seen from the side. the whole frame is welded together and holes made for the wood on
the middle shelve to be screwed in.

Next i paintet the whole frame black



And then i cut the wood and made it nice and smooth with some sand paper  and then i gave it a coating of ordinary wood protection oil, which gave it a nice brown old look <3





And VOILA! after adding a few felt dods to protect the glass from the iron table it all looked amazing.
I love my new table and the best thing about it that it only cost me 40-, Dkk ( 7$ ) to make (for the wood)

2 kommentarer:

  1. Nice!! Woody and metally!! At some point you will run out of room ^^

    SvarSlet
  2. Ill just make some new stuff and throw the old crap away ^^ woo

    SvarSlet